We are an organization that believes deeply that our mission at VPC is to Connect, Grow and Go towards Christ. If you are a Christ-Centered individual that feels called to spread the Lord's Word, have skills and experience that will aid our organization, we may have open employment opportunities.
The Worship Coordinator position at VPC is a full-time ministry position which collaborates with the Senior Pastor, Minister of Music and Worship Arts, Worship Support staff, and volunteer teams involved in worship to ensure a seamless experience at all worship services offered at Venice Presbyterian Church.
5 year’s worship coordinator experience in a with a familiarity of traditional reformed worship expression. Musical background preferred.
- Be the director and producer for Sunday worship services reviewing and coordinating all worship details from the perspective of both VPC members and guests.
- Care for the details of services including but not limited to coordination of physical space, special participants in worship, prayer teams etc. taking special care in making sure all volunteers are well trained in the areas they serve.
- Advance planning for special services including Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, National Day of Prayer etc.
- Meet with Executive Director, Minister of Music and Worship Arts, AV manager and appropriate ministry teams weekly for worship planning
- Train staff and ministry teams on the Planning Center software to actively use the software so that worship services can be built and communication is clear within all of the moving parts of the worship experience.
- Build the weekly slide presentation using ProPresenter software with music, scripture, pastoral sermon slides, videos etc. and then execute the build within the appropriate worship service.
- Be present Sunday mornings to manage all activity working with team leads to ensure ushers, greeters, acolytes, communion, Pastors, etc. are resourced to execute with excellence the discipline of worship without distraction.
- Provide all information necessary for the weekly Sunday bulletin to the Director of Communication in a timely manner.
- Prepare bulletins, in cooperation with the pastoral staff, for Wednesday Communion service
- Coordinate Memorial Services in cooperation with the Pastoral staff to include conferring with the families, communicate with the reception team, and caring for the family the day of the memorial or funeral.
- Intimately understand, train, disciple, and know the leaders of all teams involved in the moving parts of worship to ensure excellence on Sunday mornings
- Manage church calendar with ACS Software as it pertains to worship activity
- Facilitate or set up appropriate training to resource ministry teams for CPR, First Aide, Safety training on an appropriate schedule so that we are ensuring a safe environment for our congregation.
- Provide support to pastoral staff where needed for mid-week Bible Study/worship
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Foster personal spiritual growth and development
- Be an active member of the staff of VPC